Mother's Day is always a little bittersweet for me. Having lost my mom to cancer when I was only 27 hasn't gotten any easier, just more manageable. As I celebrate the joys of being a mom to the most wonderful baby boy in the world, I miss having my own mom here to share those joys with. I'm sad that Zachary won't know her as he grows up, and she won't get to hold him in her arms and feel his baby soft skin against her cheek. I think about her all the time and hope she knows how much she is loved and missed. I know that she is looking down from Heaven with a big smile on her face as she watches us.
I know my mom is glad too that I do have two amazing mothers in my life - Dinah, my step-mom, and Kathy, my mother-in-law. They definitely make it a bit easier, and I am glad that Zachary has two wonderful grandma's (Mimi and Gigi) in his life who love him and who he gets to have that close relationship with. So on this mother's day, I remember my mom and all the wonderful mother's who love, nurture, pray for, encourage, teach and cherish their children every day.
Great Blog!!
ReplyDeleteWe have one too...
Here is my link
Traci - You are such a beautiful mother! Having lost my father to cancer in February I to know how you feel. I am hurting knowing that my Daddy will never be able to watch Tristan grow up to a young man. I miss my Dad terribly but also know that he is in Heaven and free of pain. I think of your mom often and what a beautiful, strong and courages woman she was. I miss her as well. I hope you and your family are doing well. Take Care!
ReplyDelete