As most of you know my cat, Duchess, is terminally ill with intestinal lymphoma which has spread to her blood. We found this out in January '09 and were told she had about 6-8 weeks to live. Well I must have a miracle cat because it's been 9 months! I am thankful for the extra time with her. She is eating okay (soft canned food and sometimes dry food), but I am sad to say that she is a little frail and lethargic. Here is where the pet PEEve comes in... she has decided that it is easier to pee and poop right outside the litter box instead of IN it. ARGH! I took the lid off the box, but that didn't help. Cat pee is nasty! Poop too, but it's the cat pee smell that stays in your nose (and house) long after you clean it up. We had scrap carpet down in the laundry room under the litter box, but it got nasty so we threw it out. Now we have the whole laundry room lined with newspaper. I don't know what to do. She is dying and I can't get mad at her, but come on! Anyone got a solution to eliminating cat pee smell from tile grout? I am embarrassed to have anyone over.
Btw, I have already decided that we are not getting any more animals for a long time after Duchess passes. I mean, like, 5-8 years! I am so tired of litter boxes, cat hair, etc. I love Duchess, but I'll be ready for a break.
No comments:
Post a Comment