Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Swine Flu

So, Jamin came down with the flu last week.  All three of us started taking Elderberry Extract which exhibits proven anti-viral properties, as well as vitamins C, D, and echinacea.  Jamin's flu was very mild and short-lived and neither Zachary nor I caught it.  It was probably the swine flu since that is what is going around currently (we are not quite in regular flu season yet.)  I have to say that the illness is just what I expected --- a much milder form of the regular seasonal flu.  I am sure that Zachary and I were exposed, which is good since we have probably built up some sort of antibodies to it now.  Much better than getting the vaccine with all the chemicals in it. And according to epidemiologists, up to 60% of people who are exposed to or infected with the swine flu will exhibit no symptoms.  That is good news for us because we were in contact with it and are now likely immune. 

No comments:

Post a Comment